- major items of military weaponry (as tanks or missile)
- instrumentalities (tools or implements) made of metal
- (computer science) the mechanical, magnetic, electronic, and
electrical components making up a computer system
- Hardware is equipment such as fasteners, keys, locks, hinges, wire,
chains, plumbing supplies, tools, utensils, cutlery and machine parts,
especially when they are made of metal. In the United States, hardware
has been traditionally sold in "hardware stores".
- Hardware (Curt Metcalf) is a Milestone Comics superhero. Created by
Dwayne McDuffie, he first appeared in Hardware #1 (1993). Hardware was
the first of the original four Comicbook line, the Flagships of
Milestone Media; Hardware was the first, along with Blood Syndicate
which was the second, Icon was the third, & Static was the fourth.
- Articles made of material, such as aircraft, ships, tools,
computers, vehicles, fittings, and their components (mechanical,
electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic). Computer software and
technical documentation are excluded.
- Equipment. The electronic, electrical and mechanical components of
- The physical equipment of computing and computer-directed
activities. The physical components of a computer system. Contrast with
- The physical components of a computer system-the computer, plotters,
printers, terminals, digitizers, and so on.
- The physical equipment of a computer system, including the central
processing unit, data-storage devices, terminals and printers.
- The physical, electrical, and mechanical parts of the computer.
- General term that includes the following: (a) hinges, butt or pivot;
(b) lever handles, knobs or pulls; (c) latchset, lockset, magnetic and
friction catches; and (d) door closures, door holds, door bumpers.
- The physical parts of an electronic device, such as nuts, bolts and
- The physical devices that comprise a computer system.
- The physical components of a computer system. Reference is often
made to "hardware" and "software"; in that context, "hardware" consists
of the computer, input and output devices and other peripheral
- Computer equipment, digitizer, modem and sewing machine.
- Physical, tangible component of a computer.
- The physical components that computer system is comprised of, like
had disk, screen, expansion cards etc.
- Physical components in a computer system such as keyboard, disk
drive and printer.
- Mechanical, magnetic, electrical and electronic devices or
components of a computer or other equipment used for processing data.
See also SOFTWARE.
- computer and peripherals as distinguished from software which is a
program for operating hardware.
- The term for a collection of mechanical and electronic components
that perform some system functions.
- machinery and equipment (CPU, disks, tapes, modem, cables, printers,
scanners, CD drives, etc.). In operation, a computer is both hardware
- The hard components of a computer system, such as the processor, the
monitor and the keyboard, as well as peripherals
- The computer equipment, monitor, keyboard, digitizer.
- Metal accessories such as door knobs, towel bars, toilet paper
- The physical equipment used to produce, distribute and exhibit media
- Wood, plastic or metal plated trim found on the exterior of
furniture, such as knobs, handles and decorative trim.
- Physical equipment used in data processing. Compare to firmware,
- Physical equipment, as opposed to the computer program or method of
use. Mechanical, magnetic, electrical, or electronic devices. Examples:
keyboard, system unit, monitor, disk drive, printer, etc. Contrast with